Groundwater Sustainability Plan
A Groundwater Sustainability Plan (GSP) is a 20-year plan to ensure the sustainable use of groundwater within a groundwater basin.
The Santa Rosa Plain Groundwater Sustainability Agency (GSA) is required by state law, the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA), to develop a Groundwater Sustainability Plan (GSP) by January 31, 2022. The goal of the GSP is to establish a standard for sustainability of groundwater management and use, and to determine how the basin will achieve this standard by 2042.
The Final Draft GSP for the Santa Rosa Plain Groundwater Basin is available for your review and comments through 5 p.m., October 31, 2021.
We look forward to your feedback.
How to Comment on the Final Draft GSP:
- Click on the Section link to read each section.
- Click on the link to the comment form to submit comments.
- You cannot “save” your comments, so if you run out of time, click on the “Submit” button. You can always add new comments or submit multiple comments by returning to the site later and filling out a new form.
- Attachments may be submitted using the comment form.
Draft Groundwater Sustainability Plan for the Santa Rosa Plain Groundwater Subbasin
Acronyms and Abbreviations
Table of Contents
Section 1 – Introduction
Section 2 – Plan Area
Section 3 – Basin Setting
Section 4 – Sustainable Management Criteria
Section 5 – Monitoring Network
Section 6 – Projects and Management Actions
Section 7 – Implementation Plan
Section 8 – References
• Appendix 1-A: Resolution Forming the Santa Rosa Plain Groundwater Sustainability Agency
• Appendix 1-B: Board and Advisory Committee Members
• Appendix 1-C: Advisory Committee Charter
• Appendix 1-D: Board and Advisory Committee meetings
• Appendix 1-E: Community Engagement Plan
• Appendix 1-F: Stakeholder Assessment Report
• Appendix 3-A: Water Year Type Classification for Sonoma Valley, Santa Rosa Plain, and Petaluma Valley
• Appendix 3-B: Groundwater Monitoring Well Hydrographs
• Appendix 3-C: Santa Rosa Plain Hydrologic Model (SRPHM) Updates
• Appendix 3-D: Future Groundwater Demands and Land Use Changes
• Appendix 3-E. Selection of Global Circulation Model for Climate Change Projections
• Appendix 4-A: Hydrographs of Representative Monitoring Points
• Appendix 4-B: Interconnected Surface Water Practitioners Working Group Key Themes And Outcomes
• Appendix 4-C: Development of Sustainable Management Criteria for Depletion of Interconnected Surface Water by Groundwater Pumping Santa Rosa Plain GSP
• Appendix 5-A: Monitoring Protocols
• Appendix 5-B: Comparative Hydrographs – Chronic Lowering of Groundwater Levels Representative Monitoring Points
• Appendix 6-A: Simulation of Projects and Management Actions for the Santa Rosa Plain Groundwater Sustainability Plan
• Appendix 6B: Simulated Waterlevel Hydrographs from the Simulation of Projects and Management Actions
• Appendix 7-A: Santa Rosa Plain Model Maintenance and Improvements
• Appendix X: Comments Received