Groundwater Sustainability Plan
A Groundwater Sustainability Plan (GSP) is a 20-year plan to ensure the sustainable use of groundwater within a groundwater basin. The Santa Rosa Plain Groundwater Sustainability Agency (GSA) is required by state law, the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA), to develop a GSP by January 31, 2022. The goal of the GSP is to establish a standard for “sustainability” of groundwater management and use, and to determine how the basin will achieve this standard.
A working draft version of the Santa Rosa Plain Groundwater Sustainability Plan (GSP) is available for your review and comments until September 7. Please note the following:
- Some figures, tables and appendices are still under production and will be available when the Final Draft GSP is released in October for a 30-day formal review period.
- You may notice some slight inconsistencies remain in the formatting and editing from section to section. These inconsistencies will be resolved in the Final Draft GSP.
- The references are currently included at the end of each Section. The Final Draft GSP will include a compilation of all references, source materials and appendices in Section 8.
We look forward to your feedback.
How to Comment on Working Draft GSP:
COMMENT PERIOD IS CURRENTLY CLOSED!
- Click on the link to the Draft Section.
- Click on the link to the comment form.
- You cannot “save” your comments, so if you run out of time, click on the “Submit” button. You can always add new comments by returning to the site later and filling out a new form.
- Section 3 Figures 3-1 through 3-19 with the exception of Figures 3-13
- Section 3 Figures 3-13a-e
- Section 3 Figures 3-13f-i
(Please note that all water budget figures are embedded in Basin Setting text)
- Section 3 – Appendices
- Appendix 3-A: Selection of Water Years
- Appendix 3-B: Hydrographs for Long-Term Monitoring Wells
- Appendix 3-C: SRPHM Updates
- Appendix 3-D: Future Groundwater Demands and Land Use Changes
- Appendix 3-E: Selection of Global Circulation Model for Climate Change Projections (NOTE: This appendix is not currently available)
Section 4 – Sustainable Management Criteria
Section 6 – Projects and Management Actions
- Section 6 – Appendices
Section 7 – Implementation Plan
Section 8 – References (to be included in Final Draft GSP)